Here are some resources you need to know to help you navigate the winter weather:
- Volunteer Chores: this service provides a wide range of tasks including yard work and shoveling snow from driveways and pathways.
- Contact: 509-459-6172
- Weatherization: check for safety hazards, improve ventilation, reduce drafts with weather stripping etc.
- Energy Assistance: helps make heating more affordable and helps maintain a warm home
- Contact: 509-456-7627
- Wheelchair accessible shared ride transportation for individuals whose disability prevents them from using regular fixed bus routes
- Contact: 509-328-1552
2nd Harvest Food Bank
- Mobile Markets: Drive through emergency food boxes available at various locations throughout Spokane
- Contact: 509-534-6678
Food Box Distribution
The Inland Northwest Farmers Market Association is an amazing organization that is distributing groceries to those in need. They are giving out large boxes of fresh produce, meat and dairy every day of the week. You can pick up your box at any one of the locations listed below. You can also find more information online at www.inwfma.org/reserveyourbox!
Hillyard Farmers Market
5102 N Market St, Spokane, WA
Fairwood Farmers Market
319 W Hastings Rd, Spokane, WA
Millwood Farmers Market
9300 E Frederick Ave, Spokane, WA
South Perry Farmers Market
924 S Perry St, Spokane, WA
Empire Cold Storage Food Box
11016 East Montgomery Drive, Spokane Valley, WA